The Frye Festival will host its 18th edition from April 22 to 29, 2017. It will inspire 8,000 New Brunswick students and 6,000 festival-goers, welcome 40 award-winning writers, present 130 school visits (at no cost to schools or students) and 60 public events.
The Festival's funding base is diverse. It includes all levels of government. Nearly 45% of the annual operating budget is raised through individual donations, community partnerships, box office revenues and finally, corporate sponsorships (with an 80% sponsor retention rate year-to-year).
Corporate sponsors' support of the Frye Festival has a direct impact on its ability to:
- Distribute $7,500 worth of books in schools all over the province
- Bring more than $1 million to the local economy
- Employ more than a dozen artistic and cultural professionals in our region
- Promote the benefits of reading and literature in a province that struggles with very high levels of illiteracy (60 to 68% across the province)
- Increase access to literature and rich cultural programming, helping to create a vibrant, informed society
- Invest heavily in meaningful initiatives that empower youth to develop essential life skills such as critical thinking, public speaking, verbal reasoning and articulate expression
Become a FRYEnd! The Frye Festival is a registered non-profit corporation (862316213RR0001) and issues charitable receipts for donations.